Dissidia Final Fantasy Training Log IV: Fighter or RPG?
Overall Playtime: 26 Hours
Modes Played: Story Mode
Remaining Characters to Try: Terra, Warrior of Light, Bartz
As I suggested in my previous entry, I tried out Shade Impulse. It basically has the same progression only it’s harder and you can pick any character you like. Apparently, Shade Impulse is divided into multiple chapters as well…I only finished the first one. So in the end, this is one hell of a long game to experience. I’m hearing that there’s an additional mode after beating Shade Impulse and unlocking the final two hidden characters. Wow.
The repetitiveness of the game is starting to take its toll on me. Fighters shouldn’t be this long. Then again, here’s where I figured that Square-Enix didn’t exactly balance out the Fighter and RPG mechanics of the game. Yep, I think this game is more of an RPG, and in turn the fighter elements sort of struggle to shine as much as role-playing. I would’ve been pretty satisfied if the game were shorter since it is a fighter in heart after all…but this is overkill.
Final thoughts on the plot for now. Good narrative, but not for everyone. There’s a lot of vagueness since the game mostly deals with abstracts such as light and darkness.
Expect a full-fledged review soon. Also, since this is a lengthy game expect additional log entries after the review has been written. I’ll try putting in some game time as much as I can.
- Resident Evil: Revelations Demo Impressions
- Let’s Try — Paper Mario: Sticker Star — Gameplay Tour and Level 2-5 Walkthrough
- Jarrod’s Drool is Toxic! -50 HP! Hero’s Turn: Dragon Quest VII 3DS Remake Confirmed [Updated]!
- PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Impressions
- Growlanser IV: Wayfarer of Time Impressions
- The Xenoblade Chronicles Highlight Reel Continues!
- The Last Story Review
- Black Mesa is the Ultimate Fan Remake (Initial Impressions)
- So How Successful Was Dragon Quest X’s Launch?
- Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky Review