How Many Gamerscore Points Are Featured In Windows Phone 7 Games?
This is a question everyone with an Xbox Live account has been wondering. Do you have any idea how many games are currently on the App Store for the iPhone? Something like over 50,000 games! Now imagine if all of those games had gamerscore points. Yeah, that’d be insane. Well I finally managed to dig some information out about how many gamerscore points are featured in games for Windows Phone 7 series by Microsoft, and let me tell you, achievement fans are going to be a little ticked. Ticked not because these games will have points, but that they will be exactly like the Xbox Live Arcade games you love so much. That’s right, each game will carry 200 available gamerscore points.
That’s a little worrisome only in that the points will be virtually meaningless now. If Microsoft has the same sort of success that Apple has had with their new phone series, we could be looking at over 10,000 games with 200 points each. Also, it sure doesn’t sound like there are any sort of limits in place here. In other words, make a solitaire game, you can award 200 points. Make a game where you jump through a hoop, boom 200 points. See what I mean?
I personally understand why Microsoft would want to add points to these games, but if they are extremely basic in design, then the competition that’s currently available will be gone. People will simply buy one of these phones, and download a ton of cheesy games just to get 200 points for doing nothing.
What do you think about this?
- Tomb Raider Review
- The Current State of Portable Game Sales
- What Will It Take For You To Buy An Xbox One?
- The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses Review
- Sony’s PS4 Taking a Commanding Pre-Order Lead
- The Strange Appeal of Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Warning: Adult Content…Sort Of)
- Canadian Gamers – Episode 34
- E3 2013 – Canadian Gamers – Episode 33
- E3 2013 – Microsoft Press Conference Live Blog & Stream
- The Ultimate Top 5 Vita Games of All Time List