Commercial Flashback #3: The Day Square Lost Their Minds
A fairly lengthy write-up accompanied last week’s Commercial Flashback. This entry, however, will be pointedly brief. Why is that? Because… well, just watch the video:
…what the f**k is that?! Upon revisiting this commercial I realize there is nothing I can write about it that can be grounded to logic. Are you disturbed? Will you be able to sleep tonight? Let me know what you think, because I’m speechless. All I can say is that this is the only time I’ve seen a game pitched to consumers via maniacal laughter and ostriches, and it’s both truly original and truly terrifying. Is it a marketing mishap or are you going to rush back in time and purchase Final Fantasy IV simply because of how AWESOME this ad is?
- Remembering…Super Mario World
- Remembering…Super Ghouls’n Ghosts
- Remembering…Super Metroid
- Jarrod’s Drool is Toxic! -50 HP! Hero’s Turn: Dragon Quest VII 3DS Remake Confirmed [Updated]!
- So How Successful Was Dragon Quest X’s Launch?
- Breaking: Final Fantasy VII for PC is a Go!
- From the E3 2012 Booths – Square-Enix’s Next-Gen Luminous Engine Looks Incredible, But Will it Keep Them Afloat?
- E3 2012 – Welcome to the Next Generation (Trailer)
- iOS and Android get a new Final Fantasy
- Nintendo 3DS – Square Enix: Heroes of Ruin Preview