November 2010 Game Mania: Your Top 5 Most Wanted Games Are...?
- Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) (16%, 9 Votes)
- Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (DS) (12%, 7 Votes)
- Epic Mickey (Wii) (10%, 6 Votes)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops (360/PS3/Wii) (10%, 6 Votes)
- Goldeneye 007 (Wii) (7%, 4 Votes)
- Sonic Colors (Wii) (7%, 4 Votes)
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (360/PS3) (7%, 4 Votes)
- Other (7%, 4 Votes)
- Dance Central (Kinect 360) (5%, 3 Votes)
- God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PSP) (5%, 3 Votes)
- Gran Turismo 5 (PS3) (5%, 3 Votes)
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (360/PS3/Wii) (3%, 2 Votes)
- Kinect Sports (Kinect 360) (3%, 2 Votes)
- Majin (PS3/360) (2%, 1 Votes)
- NBA Jam (360/PS3) (0%, 0 Votes)
- Ys III Remake (PSP) (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 21
Another November, another crapload of games. Even though the holiday gaming rush is toned down compared to previous years, publishers just can’t resist the month of November. Most of the year’s most anticipated games have a release date in October and November whether you like it or not…hence why I’ve created this nifty poll. Voice your opinions and pick the top five November games you’re playing or would love to play this instant. Yeah, you’re limited to five answers for this poll (duh). Also, sound off in the comments with reasons behind your picks and the exact order if you like.
Here are mine:
1) Call of Duty: Black Ops — me? Picking an FPS game as my most anticipated game of the month? The netherworld has frozen over! Seriously though, despite voicing certain disappointments with first impressions, Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer got too addicting for its own good. I’m expecting the same madness with Black Ops once I get used to the gameplay and graphics engine. Single player, you say? Bah, that will be over in five hours or so. Nothing to be really excited about.
2) Donkey Kong Country Returns: A proper reboot of what made Donkey Kong so great? Count me in on some awesome 2D platforming. Yeah, I know Rare isn’t developing it, but I trust Retro Studios as much as them. After all, Retro brought as an awesome reboot of Metroid, while Rare has its thumbs up their butts with decent-to-good, once-in-a-blue-moon reboots of their franchises with loads of filler in between (coughKinectSportscough).
3) Sonic Colors (Wii): I’ll say it again; the netherworld has seriously frozen over…really. The word is out, and Sonic Colors has been a critical success thus far. Sonic Team has finally gotten the formula right. After experiencing some classic gameplay with Sonic 4, I can’t wait to get a fresh perspective on the franchise!
4) Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (DS): finally…an RPG in the list. I love Camelot, but not for Golden Sun to be honest. I hid under a rock while the series started gaining a name for itself on the GBA, opting for the Mario Golf and Tennis games instead. But no more! This time, I’m buying a Golden Sun game…and I’m going to force myself to like it! I’ll like any RPG game now since Final Fantasy XIII shattered my hopes for any great Square games in the near future.
5) Epic Mickey (Wii): It’s been hyped like crazy. The evolution of Mickey Mouse, the greatest cartoon mascot of all time…not by hand-drawn animation, but a videogame. I have a feeling that Warren Spector will not deliver on all his promises by making this game the most innovative thing since sliced bread, yet I have a feeling that the brush/erase mechanic will not overstay its welcome. Plus, you have to give the man and his team props for all the Disney references and memorabilia oozing out of their project.
Yeah, my picks make me look like a geeky Nintendo fanboy, but it just so happens that the genres I’m into are getting releases on Nintendo systems. There are a couple of close picks and honorable mentions that shouldn’t be ruled out.
The new NFS, for example, is looking to be the best entry in years. Not a fan of racers, but my friends are so into the genre their passion just rubbed off me. The only reason why I’m disappointed with Hot Pursuit is the lack of splitscreen. Seriously, Criterion? The element that made the original Hot Pursuit 2 a blast to play with friends…eliminated from the reboot? That’s just crazy, man.
Another reboot to look out for is GoldenEye. What more do I need to say? The title alone tickles my nostalgia bone.
Finally, Majin is really intriguing. People are saying that it’s a good ICO clone, so we’ll have to just wait and see.