Adrianne Palicki Cast As Wonder Woman
Adrianne Palicki has been cast as Diana Prince in the pilot episode of Wonder Woman. The pilot was written by David E. Kelley, who is also co-producing the pilot. WW will be a re-imagining of the series in a similar fashion to Smallville.
I’ve never really been a huge fan of either the comic series or the old television series, which starred Lynda Carter in the title roll. As such I don’t really have much to say about this news. I suppose the re-imagining route is the smartest thing to do, otherwise they’d somehow have to pull this off…
Umm…yeah. I don’t see the producers really going down that road. Nope, instead the show will be about Diana Prince being a LA crime fighter at night, and a powerful business woman during the day, running a huge multi-billion dollar corporation. Emotional impacts will be made as she tries to balance her vigilante lifestyle with her corporate one.
I think this is by far the smartest thing for the producers to do. There’s simply no way the real Wonder Woman costume would work with today’s TV market. An invisible aircraft, that getup, yeah I don’t think so. Smallville has proven to be extremely successful, lasting ten seasons, so this whole re-imagining thing seems to be the wisest move Warner Bros. could make.
What are your thoughts on this? Remember right now it’s just a pilot episode. If it does well the first season will be ordered, if not…it’ll end up in obscurity with millions of other TV shows.
- It’s Official – Microsoft Removes ALL DRM From Xbox One
- Why a Wii U Price Drop Needs to Happen
- Tomb Raider Review
- The Current State of Portable Game Sales
- What Will It Take For You To Buy An Xbox One?
- The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses Review
- Sony’s PS4 Taking a Commanding Pre-Order Lead
- The Strange Appeal of Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Warning: Adult Content…Sort Of)
- Canadian Gamers – Episode 34
- E3 2013 – Canadian Gamers – Episode 33