Final Fantasy Brand “Damaged” According to Wada-san
Square-Enix President Yoichi Wada spoke to the gaming press and said flat out that “The Final Fantasy brand was damaged” thanks to Final Fantasy XIV. I personally think it has a lot to do with the disappointment that was FF XIII and then the complete disaster that XIV turned into. Combined I’d say the FF series as a whole has been greatly damaged. The question is whether or not it can come back.
Investors and the gaming press are both very concerned now that Dragon Quest X has been announced as an online game. Will the same problems that plagued FF XIV show up in this game as well? Wada-san said they are doing everything in their power to fix FF XIV and ensure that nothing like this happens with DQ X. He also confirmed that both series would continue to have online and offline iterations moving forward.
How do you feel about the Final Fantasy series now compared to last gen and the generations before? Do you feel the series has been damaged? Do you find the series relevant anymore? Sound off, we want to hear you.
- Super Metroid Review
- Nintendo Announces E3 Direct Broadcast
- Warner Bros. Interactive Reveals Dying Light
- Remembering…Ghosts’n Goblins
- Latest Xbox One Info – Updated
- Canadian Gamers – Episode 32
- Next-Gen Xbox Revealed
- Watch This Blacksmith Build and Wield the Buster Sword!
- PlayStation 4 Teaser Video Released
- What Can You Expect To See During Tomorrow’s Xbox Reveal