Gears of War: Exile Canned
When an upcoming release gets cut down, gamers generally react in one of two ways: with an internet-shattering cry of disappointment (think: Earthbound 64) or, less often, with a unanimous sigh of relief (think: Starcraft Ghost). The question is, which one of these reactions will greet the demise of the planned Gears of War game for Kinect? The little-known game will probably just go out with a murmur.
Gears of War: Exile was said to be an on-rails shooter, and while it’s hard to say what the actual game would have looked like, Microsoft and Epic apparently didn’t think it was up to scratch. Cliff Bleszinski gave closure to the project’s status at PAX East, saying that it was canceled and nothing more would be said of it.
While it would have been great to see some content on Kinect geared towards hardcore gamers, the stars simply didn’t line up for this one.
- What Are You Excited About For The Upcoming Generation?
- Resident Evil: Revelations Demo Impressions
- Canadian Gamers – Episode 30!
- Watch Dogs Hits November 19th
- Next Xbox To Be Revealed on May 21st
- Mega Man and DuckTales Return!
- Developers of Bastion Reveal Transistor
- Gears of War Judgment Review
- Saints Row IV Hits August 20th!
- Something Washed Ashore (Unboxing Video)