Project X Zone is a crossover that bears a striking resemblance to the (unfortunately unreleased-in-the-West) Namco X Capcom). Details are scarce for the time being, but information has slowly been trickling out. Other than the fact it is a collaborative effort between Japanese gaming giants CAPCOM, Sega, and Namco, little has been known until now. Famitsuhas recently posted screenshots of some of the characters featured in the game. Here’s what we know so far:
- The game is a 2D sprite-based strategy role-playing game featuring characters from all three companies.
- A trailer for the game is supposedly on the way.
- CAPCOM characters: Ryu and Ken (Street Fighter 0), Mega Man X and Zero (Mega Man X), Demitri and Dante (Darkstalkers and Devil May Cry, respectively), and Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine (Resident Evil).
- Sega characters: Shinguji Sakura and Ogami Ichiro (Sakura Wars), Pai and Akira (Virtua Fighter), Kurt and Riela (Valkyria Chronicles), Ulala and Touma (Space Channel 5 and Shining Force EXA, respectively).
- Namco Bandai characters: Sanger Somvold (Super Robot Wars), Jin and Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken), Kos-Mos and T-elos (Xenosaga), Yurie and Estel (Tales of Vesperia), Kaito and Black Rose (Dot Hack).