Miyamoto to Reveal Super Mario Bros. 4 at E3 for the Wii U?!
You read that headline right folks. According to Eurogamer, Miyamoto-san will be heading to Los Angeles, as he always does, to publicly reveal a brand new Super Mario Bros. for the Wii U at E3 this summer. Just last week we heard that Nintendo of America grabbed the rights to the domain “SuperMario4,” and everyone assumed this was going to be for the 3DS considering all the talk about a new 2D Mario heading to that system. During our recent podcast Steven and I discussed this very subject, with both of us saying a Wii U launch title would be much more appropriate for Super Mario Bros. 4.
So if it does turn out that SMB4 is indeed a Wii U launch title, you can be sure I’ll place my pre-order down the second I can. I think many millions of people will do the same as well. The real question is what this new game could be. There are several popular theories going around right now, that perhaps this could be a direct sequel to the NES SMB3, as in feature the same graphical and sound limitations, but be an entirely new game. Others are leaning more towards a fully 3D game, or even a brand new entry like New Super Mario Bros. except with something that links it more to the original trilogy.
Before anyone posts about Japan already receiving Super Mario Bros. 4, we’re all too familiar with that. Most people simply referred to it as Super Mario World. I mean honestly, just look at the box art.
I doubt very much anyone would complain about Nintendo releasing another game with the heading Super Mario Bros. 4. Whatever ends up happening, this is an extremely fun time for longtime 2D Mario fans.
- Tomb Raider Review
- The Current State of Portable Game Sales
- What Will It Take For You To Buy An Xbox One?
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf Review
- The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses Review
- Sony’s PS4 Taking a Commanding Pre-Order Lead
- The Strange Appeal of Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Warning: Adult Content…Sort Of)
- Canadian Gamers – Episode 34
- Nintendo Direct E3 2013 – Wii U News and Recap
- E3 2013 – Canadian Gamers – Episode 33