Prey 2 Hasn’t Been Canceled, But It Has Been Delayed
Bethesda sent over the following update on Prey 2.
Development of Prey 2 has not been cancelled but the game will not be released in 2012 as planned. The delay is due to the fact that game development has not progressed satisfactorily this past year, and the game does not currently meet our quality standards. Prey 2 has shown great promise and we regret disappointing our fans. We have made a substantial investment in game development to deliver the experience fans want. We are determined only to release the AAA game that fans rightfully expect, and are unwilling to compromise our quality standards to meet a release schedule.
That pretty much confirms what we thought was happening with the game. We hadn’t heard any updates in a very long time, and in the gaming industry that means either the game is canceled or there are troubles. Thankfully it’s not the former. We’ll have more information once we hear something from Bethesda.
- Latest Xbox One Info – Updated
- Canadian Gamers – Episode 32
- Next-Gen Xbox Revealed
- PlayStation 4 Teaser Video Released
- What Can You Expect To See During Tomorrow’s Xbox Reveal
- What Are You Excited About For The Upcoming Generation?
- Nintendo Direct Highlights
- Upgrading To The 3DS XL is Completely Worth It
- Canadian Gamers – Episode 31
- Soul Sacrifice Review