Microsoft Officially Announces $99 Xbox Deal
Microsoft is going to start selling Xbox 360s for $99. Two catches: you can only do this from a Microsoft store; and you have to agree to pay for two years of Xbox live at $14.99 per month.
The normal per-month XBox Live subscription price point is $9.99 and it doesn’t look like you’ll be able to opt for paying for a yearly subscription. With this deal, the total you’d pay for the Xbox over two years’ time is about $40 more than just buying the Xbox and two years of Xbox Live.
In short, they’re setting up Xbox loans using their preexisting infrastructure. I must admit, I’m curious about whether or not this allows them to circumvent banking laws regarding loans and, if so, what that does for the company.
- Latest Xbox One Info – Updated
- Next-Gen Xbox Revealed
- PlayStation 4 Teaser Video Released
- What Can You Expect To See During Tomorrow’s Xbox Reveal
- What Are You Excited About For The Upcoming Generation?
- Nintendo Direct Highlights
- Upgrading To The 3DS XL is Completely Worth It
- Canadian Gamers – Episode 31
- Soul Sacrifice Review
- Resident Evil: Revelations Demo Impressions