Capcom Announces $150 Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector’s Set
Do you consider yourself a hardcore Street Fighter fan? If so, Capcom has the ultimate collection for you. Coming to PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 on September 18th, 2012, Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector’s Set includes a wealth of collectible goodies. Here’s the breakdown:
- Past and Present Street Fighter Games – Playable on current gen PS3™ and Xbox 360 console systems, the four critically-acclaimed titles selected from the star-studded catalog are: Super Street Fighter® II Turbo HD Remix, Street Fighter® III 3rd Strike Online Edition, Super Street Fighter® IV Arcade Edition with all costume DLC, and Street Fighter® X Tekken® including all character and Swap Costume DLC.
- Exclusive Video – The two-disc Blu-Ray set includes a documentary that highlights the profound influence the franchise has had on fans – and vice versa – throughout the years. The collection of videos also includes Street Fighter®IV and Super Street Fighter®IVAnime movies as well as all episodes of the Street Fighter animated series and Street Fighter®II: The Animated Movie.
- Light-up Ryu Statue – A specially commissioned and highly-detailed collectable Ryu statue stands prominently at 8” tall and features the iconic character in mid-Shoryuken, with flames lit from below.
- 11-Disc Soundtrack – Street Fighter game music spanning the past 25 years, in addition to remixes and fan-created music inspired by past Street Fighter games.
- 64-page Hardcover Art Book – A tribute to Street Fighter game fans from all over the world, the art book includes fan pieces submitted by professional and aspiring artists alike.
- Ryu’s Belt – Created to regulation specs, the full-size martial arts black belt is a replica of the one Ryu wears and even includes his classic “Fūrinkazan” in kanji!
- Certificate of Authenticity – Each Collector’s Set comes individually numbered complete with a certificate of authenticity.
All of this can be yours for the low price of only $149.99. Yes I’m being sarcastic. That is quite a lot of cash for games that die-hard Street Fighter fans most likely already own. So the question is, are the extra goodies worth the high asking price?
- What Will It Take For You To Buy An Xbox One?
- The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses Review
- Sony’s PS4 Taking a Commanding Pre-Order Lead
- The Strange Appeal of Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Warning: Adult Content…Sort Of)
- Canadian Gamers – Episode 34
- E3 2013 – Canadian Gamers – Episode 33
- E3 2013 – Microsoft Press Conference Live Blog & Stream
- The Ultimate Top 5 Vita Games of All Time List
- What Happens When You No Longer Own Your Games?
- The Last of Us: The Resident Evil 4 of this Generation