Nintendo Not Interested in 3DS Remodel, Wants All New Next-Gen Handheld
While I doubt what I’m about to tell you will actually happen, it’s interesting nonetheless. IGN had an interview with Shigeru Miyamoto, Nintendo’s famous game designer, and asked whether Nintendo was gearing up to release a remodelled 3DS, much like everyone expects to happen later this year. His answer was a little surprising.
“I really feel like I’m satisfied with the 3DS hardware as it is. I feel like it’s the best for this generation. What we’re thinking about right now is probably going to be for a future generation of handheld.”
Does that mean the 3DS won’t have a new hardware iteration before Nintendo’s next-gen portable hits? Let’s be honest, not bloody likely. Nintendo has remodelled their portable hardware since the original Game Boy and odds are we will hear about a remodel sometime later this year. If we don’t, then I will be absolutely floored! Obviously things that could be added to the 3DS include a second analog nub, and a larger bottom screen to match the sexy top screen.
What do you say world? Think this is just hot air, or can you honestly imagine not releasing a remodelled system?
- Canadian Gamers – Episode 32
- Next-Gen Xbox Revealed
- PlayStation 4 Teaser Video Released
- What Can You Expect To See During Tomorrow’s Xbox Reveal
- What Are You Excited About For The Upcoming Generation?
- Nintendo Direct Highlights
- Upgrading To The 3DS XL is Completely Worth It
- Canadian Gamers – Episode 31
- Soul Sacrifice Review
- Resident Evil: Revelations Demo Impressions