thatgamecompany Goes Multiplatform and Fully Independent
Big news thatgamecompany faithful, the company announced today that they secured $5.5 million of financing from Benchmark Capital’s Mitch Lasky. This will allow them to publish titles on multiple platforms. Previously the studio had a three-game contract with Sony, which gave Sony the rights to flOw, flOwer, and Journey. So don’t expect to see those games on any other platforms.
Jenova Chen, company co-founder had the following to say about the big news.
“Today I am please to announce thatgamecompany has raised funding to develop and release our games independently. This enables us to bring our games to more platforms and provide our players the highest quality experience at every point of contact.”
While we still have no idea what their next project will be, given all the success they’ve had in the past few years, I’m sure their next title will be a huge hit for whatever platforms it arrives on.
- Nintendo Direct Highlights
- Upgrading To The 3DS XL is Completely Worth It
- Canadian Gamers – Episode 31
- Soul Sacrifice Review
- Resident Evil: Revelations Demo Impressions
- Remembering…Super Mario World
- Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move Review
- Remembering…Super Ghouls’n Ghosts
- LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins Review