Metal Gear Solid 4 Will Finally Get a Trophy Update
In what has to be one of the longest requested updates to a videogame ever, Hideo Kojima, the game’s director and series creator, has revealed that a trophy patch will be included in the budget re-release of the game hitting Japan sometime in August. For all those that already have the game, they’ll be pleased to know that an update will be released on the PlayStation Network updating the game to include the new trophy patch. The patch will be released sometime in August.
MGS4 was one of the toughest games to “master” because of its included badge system. In order to get the illusive Big Boss emblem you had to…
- Complete the game in under 5 hours
- Have 0 continues
- Use 0 health items (Rations, Noodles, Regain)
- Have 0 alerts
- Have 0 kills (including bosses)
- Use of special items (Stealth/Bandana) is forbidden.
- Complete on The Boss Extreme mode
Needless to say, that was not an easy thing to accomplish. I actually spent the better part of a week going after that emblem, and when I finally did it I swore I would never do something that insane again. The truth is I likely would have, had the patch been released earlier, but after all these years I think this is going to be one game I don’t revisit. I’m curious to hear what you guys think of this though.
- Nintendo Direct Highlights
- Upgrading To The 3DS XL is Completely Worth It
- Canadian Gamers – Episode 31
- Soul Sacrifice Review
- Resident Evil: Revelations Demo Impressions
- Remembering…Super Mario World
- Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move Review
- Remembering…Super Ghouls’n Ghosts
- LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins Review