Diablo III Sells Over 10 Million Units
During Activision Blizzard’s quarterly earnings conference, the company revealed that Diablo III has over ten million players. Not too shabby at all since the game was released May 15th of this year. On top of that, it’s a sequel to a game that was released way back in mid-2001! While the sales are extremely impressive in and of themselves, Activision Blizzard was clear to remind everyone that 3.5 million of those sales happened during the first 24 hours. Another 1.2 million came from World of Warcraft players subscribing to the annual pass promotion Blizzard ran leading up to Diablo III‘s release.
That’s all I’ve got to say about that for as of right now I still haven’t had the chance to build my computer and give D3 a spin. I plan to do so ASAP though, but knowing me that could be quite a while ;) In other relevant news, Blizzard is hoping for a repeat performance with Mists of Pandaria, the fourth expansion to World of Warcraft, which officially goes on sale September 25th.
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D Review
- Super Metroid Review
- Nintendo Announces E3 Direct Broadcast
- Warner Bros. Interactive Reveals Dying Light
- Remembering…Ghosts’n Goblins
- Latest Xbox One Info – Updated
- Canadian Gamers – Episode 32
- Next-Gen Xbox Revealed
- PlayStation 4 Teaser Video Released
- What Can You Expect To See During Tomorrow’s Xbox Reveal