So How Successful Was Dragon Quest X’s Launch?
We’ve got the week one sales numbers for Dragon Quest X, and they’re pretty impressive considering this is an online-only MMORPG. The latest game in the classic series moved 367,148 units during its debut week. While that’s a very far cry from the 2.31 million that Dragon Quest IX sold during its first week, we need to keep in mind the genre again. It makes more sense to compare sales of DQ X with those of something like Final Fantasy XIV, which sold only 190,000 units during its launch week in Japan.
Naturally the real story will be to see how many subscribers Square-Enix gets over the long haul. There are many factors why the initial sales are the lowest the series has ever had. If SE gets enough subscribers, even though the initial sales pale in comparison to the rest of the series, it could still end up being the most successful DQ in history.
We’ll be following this story closely over the coming weeks and months, as it’ll be very interesting to see how long the game remains on the charts.
- Watch This Blacksmith Build and Wield the Buster Sword!
- PlayStation 4 Teaser Video Released
- What Can You Expect To See During Tomorrow’s Xbox Reveal
- What Are You Excited About For The Upcoming Generation?
- Nintendo Direct Highlights
- Upgrading To The 3DS XL is Completely Worth It
- Canadian Gamers – Episode 31
- Soul Sacrifice Review
- Resident Evil: Revelations Demo Impressions