Wii U “Entertainment” Turns into Nintendo TVii
Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon and even Tivo will all be part of the new entertainment ensemble Nintendo has put together. So how does this work? Basically you use your Wii U GamePad in order to access your Favorites, TV, Movies, Sports, and Search functions from your available digital sources including live TV, your Netflix account, etc. You can also record live TV via your Tivo. All of this comes together seamlessly to make a really compelling entertainment package. You can easily search for your favorite shows, and customize it so that you only watch and record the television programs you’re interested in. These favorites save to your Mii, so if someone else signs in, everything changes to their account.
International movie database and other entertainment sites will be built-in for review purposes. You can also watch movie trailers directly from the GamePad. Sports are also featured, and are extremely detailed as you would imagine showcasing where the game currently is, when it gives, etc. All of this is directly connected to your available sources, which is ultra handy.
The GamePad also comes with a really neat remote, which easily allows you to find MTV and HBO, for example.
Facebook, Twitter and Miiverse are also fully built-in, which allow you to comment on certain TV shows, movies or sports. You can also backtrack if you’re coming into a live show late to see what you missed and what others are saying about the show. This would be extremely useful for sporting events.
Nintendo TVii looks like it will try something really different in the entertainment space. There’s no additional costs associated with Nintendo TVii, and it ships with both SKUs.
- Jarrod and Steven Play Resident Evil 6 (Part 2)
- It’s Official – Microsoft Removes ALL DRM From Xbox One
- Why a Wii U Price Drop Needs to Happen
- Tomb Raider Review
- The Current State of Portable Game Sales
- What Will It Take For You To Buy An Xbox One?
- The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses Review
- Sony’s PS4 Taking a Commanding Pre-Order Lead
- The Strange Appeal of Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Warning: Adult Content…Sort Of)
- Canadian Gamers – Episode 34